Sunday, September 30, 2012

Writing for the World to See


                Having this blog has made me see my writing in a new and different way. Normally my writing is read by only me and whatever teacher had assigned me the paper. With a blog however, I am writing for me and anyone who follows me. My writing has always been written simply to please my teachers and to earn a good grade. I just focused on doing what they wanted. It’s a new thing for me to be writing for literally anyone to possibly see.

                For me, writing for this blog has been both interesting and a challenge. I try very hard to write in a way I enjoy, but also in a way that others may enjoy reading. Writing something I like is easy. Writing for others on the other hand is not as easy. Seeing as I have never written for more than a couple people, it has been tricky for me. Another tricky thing about writing this blog is that not only do I need to please an audience; I also have to write well and good enough for my teacher. Juggling these two tasks is difficult. In blog I want to sound friendly and conversational, but since it is also an assignment for class I need to write it how my teacher wants it.

                This blog has also made me a bit more aware of my writing. I do a lot more checking and double checking before I post something. I was never really one to go over my work after I had written it. After having spellcheck fix all my spelling errors I would just save and print my paper. For some reason, writing assignments for class just didn’t seem worth looking over and revising or editing. It was mostly work that I just wanted to be finished and down with. But it’s not really like that with my blog. I really want people to like what I write so I spend more time on it.

                Blog writing is so different from any other kinds of writing. At least, in my opinion it is. There are so many people out there that can read it. That makes you question everything you type or want to type. Writing for this blog has really made me see my writing in a whole other light.

No comments:

Post a Comment